The North Scott Educational Foundation was established in 1986. That year the Foundation was only able to offer one $500 scholarship. In 2013, 27 years later, the Foundation awarded 59 scholarships totaling $73,500! This came about because of the generous donations of friends, neighbors, businesses and organizations that care about the future of North Scott kids.
- Tax-deductible gifts to the Foundation go directly to the “kids” (We are an all volunteer organization with overhead cost of approximately 1%)
- In our 27 year history, NSEF has given away 614 scholarships totaling more than $980,000!
- The NSEF endowment has grown to over $1,000,000 and still growing.
The mission of the North Scott Education Foundation is to primarily provide scholarships for post high school education to North Scott graduates and to enhance appropriate school sponsored educational experiences for North Scott Students.
This May 14, 2014 the North Scott Educational Foundation will be giving away its one millionth dollar in scholarship awards! The ultimate winners are North Scott graduates! We are in the process of accepting applications for this year’s awards and with about a 50/50 chance of becoming a recipient, now is the time to get serious about applying. Any way you look at it a scholarship is a chance at free money. Now is the opportunity to go for it!
In October 2012, Chris and Rhonda Porter made an endowment to the Foundation of $65,000 honoring their parents: Ray and Melba Porter and Clinton and Barbara Robinson. This new endowment will result in the formation of two new $2,500 annual scholarships to be awarded beginning in 2013. [ Learn More ]
Supporting The Future
1) Total Scholarships to be given in 2014–$73,000
2) Total raised through Birdies for Charity: $102,800
3) Total number of Scholarships to be given in May 2014: 55