The North Scott Educational Foundation was established in 1986. That year the Foundation was only able to offer one $500 scholarship. In 2013, 27 years later, the Foundation awarded 59 scholarships totaling $73,500! This came about because of the generous donations of friends, neighbors, businesses and organizations that care about the future of North Scott kids.
- Tax-deductible gifts to the Foundation go directly to the “kids” (We are an all volunteer organization with overhead cost of approximately 1%)
- In our 27 year history, NSEF has given away 614 scholarships totaling more than $980,000!
- The NSEF endowment has grown to over $1,000,000 and still growing.
The mission of the North Scott Education Foundation is to primarily provide scholarships for post high school education to North Scott graduates and to enhance appropriate school sponsored educational experiences for North Scott Students.
Name: Anna Marceau
Bio: Winner Spotlight! With the financial assistance of a NSEF Grant—a dozen young historians represented North Scott at the National History Day Competition in June at the University of Maryland. In the end, North Scott students placed an impressive second, fourth, ninth, and eleventh in the nation and one was selected for the Salute to Freedom Award and will represent the State of Iowa at the National World War II Museum in New Orleans, January 12-13, 2013 telling the story of Iowa during the war.
In October 2012, Chris and Rhonda Porter made an endowment to the Foundation of $65,000 honoring their parents: Ray and Melba Porter and Clinton and Barbara Robinson. This new endowment will result in the formation of two new $2,500 annual scholarships to be awarded beginning in 2013. [ Learn More ]
Supporting The Future
1) Total Donations in 2012-2013 (so far): $93,200
2) Total Scholarships to be given in 2013–$71,000
3) Total raised through Birdies for Charity: $78,143