The North Scott Educational Foundation was established in 1986. That year the Foundation was only able to offer one $500 scholarship. In 2014, 28 years later, the Foundation awarded 58 scholarships totaling $82,300! This came about because of the generous donations of friends, neighbors, businesses and organizations that care about the future of North Scott kids.
- Tax-deductible gifts to the Foundation go directly to the “kids” (We are an all volunteer organization with overhead cost of approximately 1%)
- In our 28 year history, NSEF has given away 672 scholarships totaling more than $1,062,000!
- The NSEF endowment has grown to over $1,000,000 and still growing.
The mission of the North Scott Education Foundation is to primarily provide scholarships for post high school education to North Scott graduates and to enhance appropriate school sponsored educational experiences for North Scott Students.
This spring the North Scott Educational Foundation gave away its one millionth dollar in scholarship awards! The ultimate winners are North Scott graduates! With the addition of this year’s 58 new scholarships totaling $82,300, the Foundation has awarded a lifetime total of 672 scholarships adding up to $1,062,300. A one-time “Millionth Dollar Celebration Scholarship” for $7,500 (funded by Evelyn Schlunsen and the Foundation) was awarded to North Scott Senior, Abby Nass.
You too can be a spotlight donor by making a donation directly to the NSEF (http://www.northscottef.org/ways-to-give), or by making a contribution through Birdies for Charity sponsored by the John Deere Classic. To contribute through Birdies, simply make a flat donation OR pledge one cent or more per birdie. After the tournament you’ll be mailed a notice of your pledge amount due. ALL donations return to the North Scott Educational Foundation PLUS a 5-10% bonus from John Deere! It’s a great way to give to our students!
Supporting The Future
1) Total Scholarships to be given in 2015: $80,000
2) Total raised through Birdies for Charity: $14,788
3) Total number of Scholarships to be given in May 2015: 60