The North Scott Educational Foundation was established in 1986. That year the Foundation was only able to offer one $500 scholarship. In 2014, 28 years later, the Foundation awarded 58 scholarships totaling $82,300! This came about because of the generous donations of friends, neighbors, businesses and organizations that care about the future of North Scott kids.
- Tax-deductible gifts to the Foundation go directly to the “kids” (We are an all volunteer organization with overhead cost of approximately 1%)
- In our 28 year history, NSEF has given away 672 scholarships totaling more than $1,062,000!
- The NSEF endowment has grown to over $1,000,000 and still growing.
The mission of the North Scott Education Foundation is to primarily provide scholarships for post high school education to North Scott graduates and to enhance appropriate school sponsored educational experiences for North Scott Students.
This spring the North Scott Educational Foundation gave away its one millionth dollar in scholarship awards! The ultimate winners are North Scott graduates! With the addition of this year’s 58 new scholarships totaling $82,300, the Foundation has awarded a lifetime total of 672 scholarships adding up to $1,062,300. A one-time “Millionth Dollar Celebration Scholarship” for $7,500 (funded by Evelyn Schlunsen and the Foundation) was awarded to North Scott Senior, Abby Nass.
A new scholarship endowment was established in 2014-2015. In memory of her late husband, Dr. David DeBiose, Judy Christoff-Debiose of East Lansing, Michigan has started the DeBiose-Christoff Healthcare Scholarship through the gift of stock to the Foundation. Judy, a 1982 graduate of North Scott High School, wished to memorialize her husband, David, who was a radiation oncologist who dedicated his life to taking care of patients with cancer, with an annual scholarship for a NS graduate entering the field of medicine. Thus his legacy of helping others continues. [ Learn More ]
Supporting The Future
1) Total Scholarships to be given in 2015: $80,000
2) Total raised through Birdies for Charity: $14,788
3) Total number of Scholarships to be given in May 2015: 60